Oct. 31, 2012
|Baylor (16-9, 3-7) vs. No. 20 Kansas (20-4, 8-2)
Nov. 3, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. KANSAS
All-Time Series: BU leads 21-15 (H: 12-4, A: 7-11, N: 1-1)
Last meeting: Kansas won 3-2, Oct. 6, 2012
SCOUTING THE JAYHAWKS
The Jayhawks, winners of three of their last four, sit in second place in the Big 12 standings entering this weekend’s match. Despite a 3-4 record away from home, KU leads the conference in kills/set (14.28) and assists/set (13.38).
Erin McNorton leads the Big 12 and ranks No. 6 in the country at 11.92 a/set, while Caroline Jarmoc leads the conference in hitting percentage (.394) and is third in k/s (3.59).
- The Bears will look to split the season series after falling 3-2 at Kansas on Oct. 6. These two programs have split each of the last four seasons.
- Baylor is 1-7 against ranked teams this season. The match marks the third straight against ranked foes.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.96 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 16 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is seventh in conference games with 3.11 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox has started three of four matches after seeing the redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 12 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.