Nov. 6, 2012
|Baylor (17-9, 4-7) vs. Oklahoma (18-8, 4-7)
Nov. 7, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. OKLAHOMA
All-Time Series: OU leads 32-15 (H: 10-12, A: 4-18, N: 2-1)
Last meeting: Oklahoma won 3-0, Oct. 12, 2012 in Norman.
SCOUTING THE SOONERS
The Sooners, who are just 4-5 in road matches, have won back-to-back games entering Wednesday's tilt. OU ranks third in Big 12 only games with a .243 hitting percentage.
Sallie McLaurin leads the Sooners with 2.89 k/s, a .342 hitting percentage and 1.42 b/s. Maria Fernanda averages 4.14 d/s and Julia Doyle dishes out 9.83 a/s.
- The Bears are coming off a 3-1 win over No. 20 Kansas on Nov. 3.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is fifth in conference games with 3.26 k/s. Adom, who has six-straight double-digit kill matches, set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Baylor is 2-7 against ranked teams this season.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn't since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.94 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 17 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Baylor's 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring's inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox had her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 13 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.