Nov. 8, 2011
|Baylor (17-10, 4-7) vs. Texas A&M (18-6, 7-4)
Nov. 9, 2011 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
|Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Game Notes|
GAME CENTER: Match 28
Date: Nov. 9, 2011
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (6,000)
Internet Audio: Listen
Talent: Larry Little (pxp)
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Live Stats: Gametracker
Texas A&M Aggies
All-Time Series: BU is 13-50 (H: 5-24, A: 6-24, N: 2-2)
Last meeting:TAMU won 3-2, Sept. 28, 2011
Texas A&M has won five of its last seven matches in Big 12 play, including two road wins and a home victory over then-No. 22 Oklahoma. The Aggies are third in the league standings with a 7-4 record and ranked No. 18 in the NCAA RPI.
OH Kelsey Black leads the Aggies at 3.36 kills/set while MB Lindsey Miller is hitting .339 and MB Alicia Kastmo is hitting .300. S Allie Sawatzky is fifth in the Big 12 at 10.31 assists/set. On defense, Miller is averaging 1.09 blocks/set and L Megan Pendergast is at 3.87 digs/set.
- Despite out-hitting and notching more kills than Missouri its last time out, Baylor fell 3-1 and dropped to 17-10, 4-7. The Bears will look to avenge a 3-2 loss at Texas A&M earlier this season.
- SR L Allison King was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week for her 61 digs and 6.78 digs per set last week. She is the BU career leader at 1,982, and fourth all-time in Big 12.
- Baylor, at No. 42 in the latest NCAA RPI, has three RPI top-50 wins this season, including Kansas, Missouri and Kansas State. All five of BU’s remaining matches are against the RPI top-50.
- In her first three career matches at right-side hitter, Adri Nora has 42 kills and hit at a .283 clip. Comparatively, in 19 matches played at OH, Nora hit just .210. Baylor is 2-1 with Nora at RS.
- In 11 matches since JR Kate Harris took over as the full-time setter, she is averaging 10.54 assists per set. She has nine double-doubles and has had over 50 assists four times.
- With the win at Texas State, BU secured its fourth consecutive winning season for the first time in program history. The previous best was three straight from 1991-93 and 1999-01.
- Head coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win on Oct. 5 in a sweep over Texas Tech. Barnes sits just three wins away from 300 for his career.
- Baylor closed the non-conference portion of the regular season at Texas State to improve to 13-3 outside of the league. Baylor won the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic titles.