Nov. 8, 2012
|Baylor (17-10, 4-8) at West Virginia (8-18, 0-12)
Nov. 10, 2012 | Noon CT
Morgantown, W.Va. | WVU Coliseum (14,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
The Last Meeting
October 20, 2012
Volleyball Sweeps West Virginia, 3-0
Baylor (16-7, 3-5) used a .324 hitting percentage to pick up its first Big 12 sweep of the season with a 3-0 win (25-18, 25-22, 25-18) over West Virginia (8-14, 0-8) Saturday afternoon at the Ferrell Center.
SERIES VS. OKLAHOMA
All-Time Series: Baylor leads 4-0 (H: 2-0, A: 0-0, N: 2-0)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-0, Oct. 20, 2012
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS
The Mountaineers are winless in the Big 12 Conference and have dropped 12-straight entering Saturday's match. WVU ranks third in the Big 12 in service aces, 1.42/set.
Hannah Sackett (2.65 k/s) leads a WVU attack that averages 11.43 k/s.
- The Bears swept West Virginia 3-0 on Oct. 20 using its best hitting percentage of the conference season .324.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is fifth in conference games with 3.26 k/s. Adom, who has seven-straight double-digit kill matches, set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.92 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 18 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Baylor is 2-7 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 14 double-doubles.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn't since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Baylor's 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring's inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox saw her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.