Nov. 11, 2011
GAME CENTER: Match 29
Date: Nov. 12, 2011
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: McCasland Field House
Internet Audio: Listen
Talent: Todd Zeidler (pxp)
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Live Stats: Gametracker
All-Time Series: OU leads 31-14 (H: 9-12, A: 3-18, N: 2-1)
Last meeting: OU won 3-1, Sept. 21, 2011
After a 4-0 start to Big 12 play, Oklahoma has won just two of its last seven against conference opponents. Each of the last four meetings between BU and OU in Norman have gone to a fifth set with the Sooners winning each.
RS Suzy Boulavsky leads the offense with 3.30 kills/set, while MB Sallie McLaurin leads the team with a .341 hitting percentage and is second in league in blocking a 1.39/set. S Brianne Barker is fifth in the league at 10.34 assists/set. L Maria Fernanda is third in the league with 4.97 digs/set.
- Baylor enters the weekend having lost its last two matches and five of the last seven. The Bears sit in seventh place in the Big 12 standings at 4-8, 17-11 overall.
- Baylor, at No. 42 in the latest NCAA RPI, has three RPI top-50 wins this season. All four of BU's remaining matches are against the RPI top-50, including No. 23 Oklahoma.
- Baylor has shown the ability to spread the ball around on offense. The Bears have had four players with at least 10 kills in a current streak of three consecutive matches.
- In 11 matches since JR Kate Harris took over as the full-time setter, she is averaging 10.52 assists per set. She has 10 double-doubles and has had over 50 assists four times.
- SR L Allison King was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week for her 61 digs and 6.78 digs per set last week. She is the BU career leader at 2,002, and fourth all-time in Big 12.
- With the win at Texas State, BU secured its fourth consecutive winning season for the first time in program history. The previous best was three straight from 1991-93 and 1999-01.
- Head coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win on Oct. 5 in a sweep over Texas Tech. Barnes sits just three wins away from 300 for his career.
- Baylor closed the non-conference portion of the regular season at Texas State to improve to 13-3 outside of the league. Baylor won the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic titles.