Nov. 13, 2012
|Baylor (18-10, 5-8) at TCU (14-11, 3-9)
Nov. 14, 2012 | 5 pm CT | TV: Fox Sports Southwest
Fort Worth, Texas | University Rec Center (1,900)
Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. TCU
All-Time Series: BU leads 8-1 (H: 43-0, A: 3-1, N: 1-0)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-2, Oct. 17, 2012
SCOUTING THE HORNED FROGS
The Horned Frogs have dropped nine of their last 10 with a 3-0 win over Texas Tech on Nov. 7. TCU ranks second in the Big 12 in service aces, 1.40/set.
Yuvonne Igodan ranks fifth in the Big 12 with 3.34 k/s and third with a .338 hitting percentage.
- The Bears and Horned Frogs played to a 3-2 thriller in Waco that saw Baylor finish the fifth set on a 5-1 run for the win.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is fifth in conference games with 3.37 k/s. Adom, who has eight-straight double-digit kill matches, set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.91 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 18 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 15 double-doubles.
- Baylor is 2-7 against ranked teams this season.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox saw her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.