Nov. 15, 2011
|Baylor (18-11, 5-8) at No. 9 Texas (18-4, 11-1)
Nov. 16, 2011 | 7 p.m. CT
Austin, Texas | Gregory Gymnasium
| Listen | Gametracker | Game Notes
GAME CENTER: Match 30
Date: Nov. 16, 2011
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Austin, Texas
Arena: Gregory Gymnasium
Internet Audio: Listen (Larry Little, Todd Zeidler)
Television: Longhorn Network (Chris McGee, Holly McPeak)
Live Stats: Gametracker
All-Time Series: BU is 2-68 (H: 2-29, A: 0-34, N: 0-5)
Last meeting: Texas won 3-1, Oct. 19, 2011
The eighth-ranked Longhorns enter on a 10-match win streak and have won 16 of their last 17 matches with only a loss to Oklahoma.
The Texas offense is currently leading the Big 12 with a .272 team hitting percentage, helped by SR MB Rachel Adams' league-leading .396 clip. FR OH Haley Eckerman is sixth in the league at 3.42 kills/set to lead her team.
Texas ranks second in the league in blocking at 2.64/set, led by Adams' 1.14/set.
- Baylor is coming off its biggest win in nearly two years, downing No. 25 Oklahoma on the road for its first win over a ranked opponent since No. 9 UCLA on Dec. 5, 2009.
- With the win over Oklahoma (No. 23 RPI), Baylor now has four wins against the RPI top 50. The Bears have also beaten Missouri, Kansas State and Kansas. UT is No. 4 in NCAA RPI.
- Baylor's win at Oklahoma on Saturday marked the first conference road win of the season for the Bears (1-5). Baylor is 4-7 on the road overall, and 9-3 at home.
- SR L Allison King recorded her 27th consecutive match with at least 10 digs, including 12 with at least 20. The BU all-time leader, King moved into third in Big 12 history with 2,023.
- Baylor has shown the ability to spread the ball around on offense. The Bears have had three players with at least 10 kills in a current streak of five consecutive matches.
- In 13 matches since JR Kate Harris took over as the full-time setter, she is averaging 10.72 assists per set. She has 10 double-doubles and has had over 50 assists five times.
- Head coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win on Oct. 5 in a sweep over Texas Tech. Barnes sits just two wins away from 300 for his career.
- Baylor closed the non-conference portion of the regular season at Texas State to improve to 13-3 outside of the league. Baylor won the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic titles.