Nov. 16, 2012
|Baylor (19-10, 6-8) vs. No. 19 Iowa State (17-7, 10-3)
Nov. 17, 2012 | 1 p.m. CT | Senior Day
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. IOWA STATE
All-Time Series: BU leads 18-17 (H: 8-9, A: 10-7, N: 0-1)
Last meeting: Baylor lost 3-1, Sept. 22, 2012
SCOUTING THE CYCLONES
The Cyclones have won seven-straight matches, five of which have come in straight sets. Iowa State ranks first in the Big 12 in kills/set (14.28) and digs/set (16.47), but are last in blocks/set (1.66).
Victoria Hurtt is seventh in the conference with 3.18 k/s, while Kristen Hahn leads the Big 12 with 5.26 d/s.
- The Bears have won consecutive three-set matches for the first time since Sept. 15. BU has hit .309 in each of its last two matches, marking the first time this season it has hit over .300 in back-to-back matches.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is fifth in conference games with 3.33 k/s. Adom has had double-digit kills in eight of her last nine matches.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.88 kills/set, ranking 10th in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 18 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 16 double-doubles.
- Baylor is 2-7 against ranked teams this season.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox saw her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first sweep over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.