Nov. 18, 2011
|Baylor (18-12, 5-9) at No. 13 Iowa State (21-4, 12-2)
Senior Day | Nov. 19, 2011 | 5 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
| Listen | Gametracker | Game Notes
GAME CENTER: Match 31
Date: Nov. 19, 2011
Time: 5 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (6,000)
Internet Audio: Listen (Larry Little)
Live Stats: Gametracker
Iowa State Cyclones
All-Time Series: BU leads 18-15 (H: 8-8, A: 10-6, N: 0-1)
Last meeting:Iowa State won 3-0, Oct. 15, 2011
The 13th-ranked Cyclones bring a four-match win streak into the weekend, and have won nine of the last 10. Balanced on offense and defense, Iowa State leads the leauge in kills/set at 14.11 and digs/set at 17.81. They are second in both hitting percentage (.257) and opponent hitting percentage (.162).
OH Carly Jenson leads the offense with 3.99 kills/set, while MB Jamie Straube is hitting .331. On defense, L Kristen Hahn leads the league at 5.52 digs/set.
- Baylor enters the match with an 18-12, 5-9 record, and looking to solidify its NCAA Tournament resume'. Each of Baylor's last two opponents are in the RPI top 50 (Iowa State, Kansas).
- Baylor will honor its six seniors after the match. The seniors in include MB Melissa Jones, L Allison King, DS Jordan Rice, S Brittany Ridenour, MB Briana Tolbert and OH Qian Zhang.
- With the win over Oklahoma (No. 23 RPI), Baylor has four wins against the RPI top 50. The Bears have also beaten Missouri, Kansas State and Kansas. Iowa State is No. 3 in NCAA RPI.
- MB Briana Tolbert has put together her best season, notching team-leading career highs in kills (320), kills/set (2.83), hitting percentage (.347) and total blocks (98).
- With 19 digs as a team, Baylor will eclipse the 2,000-dig plateau for the second consecutive season and just the seventh time in school history.
- Head coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win on Oct. 5 in a sweep over Texas Tech. Barnes sits just two wins away from 300 with a career mark of 298-215.
- Baylor closed the non-conference portion of the regular season at Texas State to improve to 13-3 outside of the league. Baylor won the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic titles.