|Baylor (19-11, 6-9) at Texas Tech (14-16, 3-11)
Nov. 21, 2012 | 6 pm CT | TV: Fox College Sports
Lubbock, Texas | United Spirit Arena (15,050)
SERIES VS. TEXAS TECH
All-Time Series: BU trails 23-46 (H: 14-17, A: 8-25, N: 1-4)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-1, Oct. 10, 2012
SCOUTING THE RED RAIDERS
The Red Raiders are coming off a 3-1 victory over No. 20 Kansas State last Saturday in Lubbock. Baylor has taken 15 of the last 16 matches against Tech, with its lone loss during the stretch coming on Oct. 26 of last season in Lubbock.
Rachel Brummitt is averaging 4.00 digs/set in Big 12 play, ranking her fifth in conference.
- Baylor is making its third television appearance of the year and is 1-1 on TV in 2012.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is sixth in conference games with 3.27 k/s. Adom has had double-digit kills in eight of her last 10 matches.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.85 kills/set, ranking in a tie for ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 18 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 16 double-doubles.
- After averaging 1.45 kills/match over her previous 11-straight matches, Thea Munch-Soegaard has recorded 9.5 kills/match over her last four.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox saw her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17 and has appeared in six matches, including three starts.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first sweep over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.