Nov. 23, 2012
|Baylor (20-11) at SMU (10-20)
Nov. 24, 2012 | 1 pm CT
Dallas, Texas | Moody Coliseum (9,007)
The Last Meeting
August 28, 2010
VB Falls in Five Sets to SMU
In a tight match from the start, Baylor's volleyball team was unable to match SMU in the fifth set, dropping a 3-2 (15-25, 25-23, 23-25, 25-22, 15-6) contest in the Holiday Inn and Suites Baylor Classic at the Ferrell Center.
SERIES VS. SMU
All-Time Series: Baylor leads 5-3 (H: 3-1, A: 2-2)
Last meeting: SMU won 3-2, Aug. 28, 2010
SCOUTING THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs are coming off a 3-0 loss to North Texas on Wednesday and have now dropped three-straight.
Caroline Young leads the squad with 3.37 k/s.
- Baylor will be making its first trip to SMU since 2007.
- OH Zoe Adom was outstanding in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is fifth in conference games with 3.37 k/s. Adom has had double-digit kills in nine of her last 11 matches.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.88 kills/set, ranking in a tie for ninth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 18 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 17 double-doubles.
- Senior Torri Campbell had a season-best 16 kills in a 3-1 win at Texas Tech on Wednesday.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox saw her redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17 and has appeared in six matches, including three starts.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first sweep over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.