Dec. 12, 2012
Baylor's volleyball team finished with its sixth 20-win season in program history, to go along with many other highlights during the 2012 season.
"The work ethic and character of our team was outstanding this year," head coach Jim Barnes said. "Our seniors did a great job leading our team and demonstrated true Baylor spirit on and off the court. We played several young players and they received vital experience that will help next season. Returning all of our ball control positions next year as well as both our left sides and one middle will give us a foundation to be very successful. Thank you Baylor fans for continuing to fill our stands and breaking our attendance record. See you next year bigger and better!"
2012 Volleyball Season Highlights
- Finished season with 20-12 record, 7-9 in Big 12 to finish sixth
- The 20-win season was the sixth in program history, third in the Big 12 era and second under head coach Jim Barnes
- Recorded fifth consecutive winning season for first time in program history
- Set all-time attendance average record with 947 fans per match, totaling 11,360
- Set a new program record with three Bears being named to the All-Big 12 team, as Zoe Adom earned first-team honors, while seniors Torri Campbell and Alyssa Dibbern claimed second-team recognition
- Had four players earn Academic All-Big 12 honors, the fifth time at least four have been named under Barnes
- Barnes earned his 300th career victory on Aug. 25 with a 3-1 win over Nevada
- Won three pre-conference tournament titles, taking the Baylor Classic, Big Daddy's Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial titles. Additionally, the Bears finished second at the Hawaiian Airlines Invitational in a field that included Hawaii, California and San Francisco.
- Had season-high nine-match win streak from Sept. 2-15 and the 13-1 start was the best since 2009
- Recorded highest-ranked victory of season over No. 20 Kansas on Nov. 3 at the Ferrell Center
- Baylor's 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 was the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring's inception 2001).
- Took a set from Texas in Austin for the first time since 2006
- Appeared on television four times, including an ESPNU appearance at home against Texas
- Were regionally ranked for the second-straight season